Dr. Ismail Al Baz
Senior Project Manager
Deutsche Gesellschaft für
Tel. +49 (0)30 25482-107
Tel. +49 (0)30 25482-103
Water and Climate Change in the MENA-Region – Adaptation, Mitigation and Best Practices
International Conference in Berlin, Germany, April 28 - 29, 2011
Main objectives of the conference have been:
- To discuss with international experts the impact of climate change on water resources in the Arab region
- To elaborate adaption and mitigation strategies on local and regional levels.
- To analyse the role of IWRM in the climate change aspects.
- To assist the needs for capacity building activities to deal with the situation.
- To discuss the possibilities of technologies and research application in the region.
- To discuss the contribution and role of the civil society and the private sector.
The target group are decision makers, representatives of water ministries and education institutions from the MENARegion, representatives of German water industries, German teaching and research institutions and German development cooperation.